The HOLOCAUST in America. Is there one going on or is it mere fear mongering?

A Democratic congressman under fire for saying that Republicans want Americans to "die quickly" if they get sick fanned the flames further Wednesday by comparing the U.S. health care system to a "holocaust."

"I call upon all of us to do our jobs for the sake of America, for the sake of those dying people and their families," Florida Rep. Alan Grayson said on the House floor. "I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven't voted sooner to end this holocaust in America."

Full story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/30/democratic-lawmaker-republicans-want-americans-die-quickly/

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 7:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i just like the word "monger." Fearmonger, hatemonger, fishmonger, it's a great word.

But liberals have their heads way too far up their own bum-bums to understand what's wrong with the holocaust comparison. And conservatives have their heads up the liberals bum-bums, so they aren't much better.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/30/democratic-lawmaker-republicans-want-americans-die-quickly/

A holocaust!  He has got to be joking.  I find the comparison offensive.  Show me the statistics where people are dying by the millions.  There are none.  This is really low for any congressional leader to go.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I just watched that video. Pathetic isn't it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Pathetic it is.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Just more idiocy from the left wing moon bats!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I am livid that he would say such ignorant crap! I am even more so that Pelosi ALLOWED it!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If there's ever a Holocaust, it will be at the hands of the Dems and bo.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't expect anything less than blubbering bullshit from Pelosi. She's proven what a dumbass she is. Nothing she says carries any credibility. I don't know how in the world she was ever allowed to become speaker of the house, she can't even form an intelligent sentence.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Its fear mongering. They make it out like if we don't pass a gov't run health care bill then every one is going to die all of a sudden. What they don't tell people is more will die WITH gov't run health care than if we just revamp how things are done with insurance companies.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• In reference to a political holocaust - I think we are getting there. But know that the American soil had its Holocaust when the settlers slaughtered the Indians. But, that is another story :)

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009