Is it normal to have nose bleeds when pregnant?

I always have dried blood and blood chunks in my nose. I have to clean it like 3-4 times a day or I can hardly breathe out of it. It wasn't like this before I was pregnant and I wasn't worried about it before because I had heard that it was normal to have nose bleeds when pregnant, but now I'm just getting tired of it. I'm 5mths pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Use Ayr nasal saline gel to make your nose more moist and use triple antibiotic cream a couple times a day. I use a q tip to administer both. It helps a lot!
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 8:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yeah i did, stinks huh? :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• YESSS it does! OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had ugly nose bleeds with 2 of my 3 pregnancies.
    Its the membranes getting smaller or something like that(cant remember exactly what my dr told me) but it is quite normal.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• That was one of my first symptoms. Yeah i had to clean my nose constantly and sometimes all you can do is wrap a tissue around your finger and dig... lol pregnancy can be so gross at times.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• that's one of the typical symptoms, i never had nose bleeds but i would sometimes have a little blood on my tissues.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had horrible nosebleeds with both pregnancies.They were worse with #2.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sadly its normal :( something about the membranes becoming swollen. I scratched the outside of my nose at work tonight hten it bled for 10 min. Gotta love it.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Completly normal, along with more mucus as well. It was so bad for a while that I had to blow my nose all the time! I've only had a few bloody noses so far but when ever I've gotten them they have been horrible!! Not just like oh hey here's a little bit of blood, I'm talking about having to change tissues every few seconds to minutes it's bleeding soo bad! Thankfully they stopped pretty quick to, just weird how they always came out of no where.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2009