what is with all this love for vampires?

I know its partly because of the Twilight series, but eh what is with grown ups liking vampirism etc so much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No clue I don't get it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I love it!!!!! Especially the HBO show True Blood!!! Idk, its just so exciting and mysterious.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I like them before Twilight. I think a lot of it has to do with how sexy they can be. I love reading sexy supernatural thrillers or just plain romances. So yeah I think it has to do with sex appeal.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wooooo Hoooo! yes I love true blood to! I just want to lick Eric to death! lol. He is hott. okay, I'm done having my fan crazed moment.

I love it!!!!! Especially the HBO show True Blood!!! Idk, its just so exciting and mysterious.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I've been crazy for them since I was a kid an I'm 34 now..
    For me, the thought of never dying or growing old is awesome.
    I love life so much, I don' want it to end.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Cause it's sooo cool! lol I've been infatuated with the undead since I was a little girl LONG before it was considered "cool"
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I liked the Dracula movie with Gary Oldman, that was romantic, and Interview with a Vampire..I think the appeal is the romance of it.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I liked vampire books way before twilight. Give me anne rice or laurell k hamilton anyday and i am a happy girl. I was a fan of charlaine harris before the True blood series was even thought of.

I honestly think that the twilight series is popular because it is a series that moms can read and enjoy as well as their daughters, it is something they can both enjoy and have in common. Just from watching a friend of mine with her teen daughter it can be hard to find things that are a mutual interest, they both love the twilight series and now that they have finished it they have moved on to finding other series they can read together.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 8:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The Twilight series is a teen series, not adult. Also vampire stories, books and movies have been around longer than the Twilight series. My husband loves vampire books, Ann Rice and Brian Lumley being a few of his favorite authors. I have found that many people that like vampire stories are no different than people liking westerns, romance, soap opera’s and any other fictional type story-line. They took a theory that if bit you can live forever; That means either love or hate forever, outlive those you love, have mortal enemies that hate you with an added twist you drink blood (because hey, can't have immortality w/o a price, just ask Highlander).

I personally am not into them as much as I am into some other fantasy type books out there. I don’t think all vampire stories are bad; I’ve read a few and have to admit there are a few good ones out there.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I started reading Twilight when my 15 y.o. DD started reading them. Like 3_ring_circus said, it really is a bonding thing between us. It is one of the few books we have both read & both liked. Since then, I have read a few other vampire books (my sis is really into them) & I have enjoyed them but I probably wouldn't pick them up on my own.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009