wow, has anyone ever had a panic attack?

I think I had a few this week...I've not been getting much sleep, but how in the world do you relax yourself from these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• Oh man. Panic attacks are the worse! The only thing I could do that seemed to help mine is to keep busy during them. Do something to distract yourself. It doesn't matter what it is as long as it takes your mind off the attack.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have really bad panic attacks all the time. When I stress I get to breathing heavy and start crying and then from there it all goes down hill, I have stopped breathing many times and I struggle to breath other times. Usually it only happens when I cry. I try to catch it before it gets bad but sometimes I can't help it. I didn't even know it was panic attacks until one put me in the hospital, they told me there that I needed to see my doctor about them but I never did. I have had probably 3 or 4 in the past 2 months and i'm 8 months pregnant. Good Luck and hope yours get better. I usually just go sit somewhere quit bymyself and wait for it to pass...because when someone prys to help me I just panic more.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• colesmommy2009, did they start only when you became pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used to have a panic attack every day. I now only have one about once a week. The trick is to not let yourself get that far. Calming down when you get stressed is great! Get lavender. In candles is good, but if you get the acutal plant, put it in water in a bowl in popular places around the house. It's very calming. Also try yoga and any other form of exersise. I know they have herbal supplements at our healthfood store for panic attacks-don't get on a chemical medicine for them.Try going to the nearest food store. And if you can't calm down from one, don't worry. Let it pass because if your worring about trying to stop it during one it'll make it worse. Just let yourself cry it out.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Go to your local library and check out "No More Panic" by Claire Weeks.

Rescue Remedy works well for mild anxiety. You can get a coupon for $2 off here: http://coupons.mambosprouts.com/online_coupons/offer/FN39DL

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had two panic attacks in my life and it was a bitch, I had one in the shower, nothing like that ever happend to me before, I though I was dying so that made matters worse.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• if you get to the point where you feel like you cant breath, slow your breathing or breath into your hands cupped over your mouth & nose or a paper bag. i take lemon balm for panic attacks, it's just an herb that is a natural sedative. so it doesnt make you sleepy it just makes you calm. it's sold in capsule form and i think in liquid at a health food or herb shop.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had one a few years ago. DH and I were climbing a long flight of stairs and I'm terrified of heights, but I thought as long as I held onto DH I'd be okay. I was WRONG! I couldn't come down from the attack, so DH had to literally get in my face and tell me to focus on his eyes, and talk me down from the attack. I've never experienced anything like that before, and pray I don't again!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• no, i've had them since i was really young...
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i bury my face in my shirt or my hands and take deep breaths
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009