What kind of birth control do you use? Do you like it?

I have to have my IUD taken out. The Depo made me bleed 9 months straight. And I cannot remember to take pills at the same time each day. Im thinking about the patch, maybe the norvo ring. What are your experiences with these?

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 8:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• The pull out method, seriously that's what I use, I'm not into all the freggin side effects that come with all these different bcs, and we've never had an accident. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Heh, Hysterectomy and YES I love it. It is the best BC in the world lol. But before that I was on the pill, never had an issue with it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I hated the pill - 2 kids, hated the shot (messed up my cycle), hated the mirena - 1 kid, tubal - hate it, had 2 mcs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I only have one child. I may want more. And I do not trust my DH to pull out in time. Oh, I also have 3 step kids. SO the patch, the pill, the ring??
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 8:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The pull out method is the most pointless form of birth control. Is DOES NOT work!!! Pre cum contains more semen than acutall ejaculation. Therefore, even if he pulls out your still getting his semen. People who use the pull out method and think it works shouldn't have kids.

I'm on Nuva Ring and I haven't had any side effects at all. The patch isn't safe. Abstinence works every single time though.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I went on nuvaring after having my daughter and got pregnant, then miscarried at 3 months. I went back on it thinking it was just a fluke and had another miscarriage on the 4th of this month. So now i am on the pill, i take it first thing in the morning when i get my drink, it's easier to remember that way. I was on the patch for a few months after having my son and passed out at work because it make me very anemic. I know everyone is different so maybe the ring will work for you but i will never use the ring or patch ever again, my life and my unborn childrens lives are not worth going through that. I really would try the pill, so far i have had no bad side effects from it. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my birth control is called deployment, and it SUCKS! lol. no, the pull out method does NOT work, that's how i got both kids lol. i don't remember what i was on before he left, but i've decided to switch to yaz when he gets back, and he's getting snipped as soon as he can when he gets home.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yeeeeah me and dh have a pull out baby lol...not very effective method lol my friend uses nuva ring and she LOVES it! she usually has her hubby put it in for her, but she likes it, because like metioned before, no side effects!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• tubes tied! Best birth control choice I ever made! lol. Not so great if you want more kids though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009