Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to the doc tomorrow...34 weeks and having complications...

i have been having kidney problems with this pregnancy since july i have never had any problems with my kidney before i was pregnant. well my right kidney is severly (sp?) enlarged and it only getting bigger from the pressure of my uterus, and now because my kidney is so big (it covers almost the whole right side of my back) and my uterus is so big, it is closing my urethra (sp?). the urologist said the only way to fix this is to have the baby, it is causing me so much pain and now i can barley pee. i was thinking about getting induced at like 36 weeks. i know he should stay in there as long as possible but i am scared that soon i wont be able to pee at all and i cant take this pain much more. the urologist said a stint would do no good and the procedure would cause me to go into labor. i have a reg appt tomorrow and was going to talk to my doc about it. any advice?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • 34weeks is usually when they stop putting off pre-term labor if you go in on your own...so I'm sure that means that they would consider inductions if you or baby are at risk. If you aren't releasing all your urine, you can develop a UTI which can cause further kidney issues, more pain, & can be dangerous in general. Since it would be an induction I'm pretty sure that they would also have time to give you steroids to help with the lung development. However, this is all just speculation & theory from what I've read...I've never gone through it myself. I'd say, bring it up with your doctor. If you feel uncomfortable with your doctors decisions, you still have time (& the right) to ask for a 2nd opinion from another doctor. Either way, don't put off talking about it. Good luck!! Keep us all updated if you can!
    WannabeMommy87

    Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • well i dont know anything about kidneys and things, but my water broke at 34 weeks and i had my son. he weighed 5.5 - they gave me steroids for his lungs. he had jawndice and an e-coli infection from my water being broken but they fixed that all and he came home a week later and hes perfect. hes healthy and perfect so good luck.
    PURPULbutterfly

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • well the only other thing i can see is to be admitted into the hospital and cathed untill the baby is born.

    if its endangering your health tho they will probally induce.
    but whatever they decide im sure its whats best.
    perhaps maybe you can be admitted and placed under constant care and watch??
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • 34 weeks is not all that early, just 3 weeks pre-term..term is 37 weeks. Whatever the doctors decided to do they are taking you and your baby's health into consideration. I wish you the best
    Zakysmommy

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • ive already been on bedrest since this whole thing started....i have been admitted to the hospital several times, and they give me medicine to help with the pain but i quit taking it because it wasnt helping the pain just making me drowsy and i didnt want to keep putting him through all of that.
    danette624

    Answer by danette624 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • oh yeah im the op...sorry lol
    danette624

    Answer by danette624 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • i will thank you ladies...ill just keep this question open and update here tomorrow after my appointment
    danette624

    Answer by danette624 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • so for those of you who are checking back...i went to the doc and she said she did not want to induce me yet...she wants to see if my urinating (sp?) problem gets worse and see if my back pain increases at all...she also said because she is not sure if he is face down and i have not had my strep b test done yet...i go back in 2 weeks to have it done, but to be quite honest i dont think i can survive another 2 weeks! guess we will have to see! i will be 35 weeks in 2days!
    danette624

    Answer by danette624 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • Well good luck! Just remember to call if your pain increases, don't just let it wait. I wish you & baby the very best! =)
    WannabeMommy87

    Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • thanks much!
    danette624

    Answer by danette624 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN