Am I wrong?

I have some baby rabbits that I have busted my butt raising and someone thinks I should just give them one. Rabbits are not like all other animals. They get stressed easily and can die from stress alone. I do not think that asking $10.00 for one is asking to much. If they are willing to buy them in my opinion they will be taken care of. I payed for the mother and father rabbits.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have worked in and around the animal business for a long time and my husband and I rescue reptiles. We have an adoption fee for a few reasons...one to help offset our cost of feeding and vet care but also bc I have always been told that if a person is not willing to pay at least something for the animal then chances are they are not going to pay for vet care if needed or even some basic needs. Not that this goes for everyone of course. But $10 isnt much, if they aren't willing to pay that then I would say they don't need that rabbit. Good Luck to you!!!!
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I see nothing wrong with that...I agree that if someone pays you have a better feeling that they will be taken care of. You are not asking for a huge amount either.
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• $10 is Cheep for a bunny. Rogers Wabbits in central Illinois sells then starting at $25. for a baby! an adult? Even more! Depending on the colors and sex.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I agree. Asking for $10 is not asking for too much. A lot of people feel that they should be given stuff for free just because you're friends or whatever. But, truth be told, if you spent time, energy, and money on those baby rabbits then why should you have to just give them away?
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Do not feel pressured to give anything away, especially a living creature. You have cared for and nurtured the animals, you definitely have a right to determine this...
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 11:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Surprise!! It's a girl bunny!! (Pet store said it was a boy)We had 5 babies but only 2 survived. We tried to give them to the people who had asked for them but they insisted on giving us somehing. I see nothing wrong at all for asking for payment. I would think most people would gladly pay.
    mommy3397

Answer by mommy3397 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You're right. If they don't value the rabbit enough to pay $10, they probably won't take care of it properly.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 8:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• $10 bucks? They are double or tripple at pet stores! raise your price! :-)
    apunian

Answer by apunian at 4:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008