CRAVINGS ...

I'm so mad at myself. I'm trying to loose weight, and do good just about all day. Have a healthy breakfast (egg white omelet) a fruit for snack lunch usually tuna salad them some carrots for snack and dinner will have grilled chicken an veggies. I work out only 2 x's a wk.. I sooo lazy..well my BIGGEST problem is SWEETS!!!!..UGH!!! The minute I go into my pantry I'm eating cookies (kids snacks) candy, chocolate pudding, chips..ugh!! I buys it for the kids and they have it maybe twice a week. I always tell them how bad it is to snack, but when they are not looking I'm snacking like crazy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• just stop buying sweets! you know your kids dont need it... it will only cause them to go through the same as you when they are older
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• CONTINUE___i don't know what to do about this horrible craving for sweets..please help, thank you in advance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OP here..its normally like cookies. Like the 100 calorie cookies. And the candy is leftovers from a party we just had. The chips are baked, but when u eat more than the serving size...well calories do add up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OP here
    Also, when I eat out..ill order like salmon and veggies, but screw it up with dessert..I can't resist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Don't buy any more sweets. It takes a couple of days for the sweet cravings to go away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i lost 13 pounds in one week. i also dropped 4 sizes. the company has great all natural products that will help you drop pounds like there bad habits. not only that they have a capsul called sweet control you will not want them. you will loose weight and look great doing it. the company was on nbc and abc. you can even you tube it. there medical garments are great. its not a girdle either. it redistributes your fatty cells to desirable places. and you can get paid also. the company is phenominal. go to www.ardysslife.com/ebrowngeorge you will love it. email me if any questions. nite hun!
    elisha757

Answer by elisha757 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Moderation is the key here...up your workouts,get rid of the junk...now I lost 140 pounds.I run 5 times a week,I still buy my family some special treats for snacks.I dont desire them all the time,however I do treat myself every now and then.Maybe you are not getting enough food during the day and thats why you snack.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Stop buying the junk foods; no one needs them
    Your diet seems to be missing whole grains and legumes. Here are the guidelines we aim for every day:
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Eat lots of fruit before meals. This will satisfy you a lot better and you will be less likely to reach for sweets after a meal. Make sure you eat plenty though.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The more you cut something out, the more you'll crave it initially. So, you have two choices: wean yourself off gradually or cut it off entirely & fight the cravings. Snacking is also a habit & habits take about 2 weeks to form/break.

Instead of kicking yourself & trying to "diet", try making gradual lifestyle changes, adding a new change every 2 weeks.

So, for instance, say you are like me & drink a lot of coffee/soda. For the first two weeks, I would sub a big glass of water for one coffee/soda a day. After two weeks, I may decide to add drinking a glass of water before dinner as well. Then two weeks later, another new habit.

Eventually, you won't notice your "good" habits have replaced your "bad" habits - they just will be routine to you. The best part is, because you've make these a routine, there's no "crash" afterwards where you gain it all back.

*And* your kids will learn by your example.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009