1st period since baby

I believe I am having my period. I gave birth to my second child 5 weeks ago and I stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago. Now I feel really crampy and moody, I'm bloated... all the syptoms right....execept I'm not bleeding. Its only when I wipe that there is blood it doesnt even show on a panty liner. So could this really be my period or what? Its been like this for the last 2 days and my period usually only lasts for 3.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everyone gets it back at a different time, so it could be. Moodiness can just be post-baby blues, or if it's very serious, even ppd. I think everyone feels a little bloated and just not "normal" at some point after giving birth. If you are concerned at all, call your dr or midwife.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• its not moodiness like that. Just I feel cranky, I know what ppd is I had it with my first. I just wanted to know if anyone else had their first period be like this, bc it is deff. my period. This is exactly how I feel when I am on my period. Just I have barely any bleeding
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I do not know if it is your first period or not but I can tell you that my first one was horrible. It last 28 days. Be prepared for it to last awhile. But you may be one of the lucky ones that it is just going to be a normal period.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• This answer is not exactly on topic, but I just have to say it. Three days? Just three days?!!! Totally unfair!  LOL

I always get my period back six months after delivering.  I think it's like everything else pregnancy related--different with everyone.

TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 9:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009