Mattresses

Anyone have any recommendations?

I've finally decided to be sensible for once in my life and I am buying a new mattress rather than going to a Yankees Playoff game. Ugh! It was tough! LOL

So, now I need to find a great mattress that will make it worth it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• We got a serta courtyard style and we love it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The sleep number is wonderful and you can adjust it to make it feel like any other bed out there. Some days I like it really firm and others I love it to wrap around me....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Mattresses are a lot like used cars. You need to be great at bargaining to get a great price. Go to a mattress store and find one that you like (make sure it has a good warranty). Then, call the manufacturer. The same mattress at one store will have a different name at another store. Get the name of the mattress that you like for 1-800-mattress, and other stores in your area (don’t be afraid try department stores). Call around for the best price, make sure that it includes delivery. Then call every other place, tell them the lowest price you got, and see how low they are willing to go. Do this until you have every retailer’s rock bottom price.
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• get a quality name mattress at Sam's. you still get a good brand at less than half the price.and alot of choices. this past spring i bought a Serta pillow top Queen mattress and box spring, made out of bamboo(green) for $549. crazy as it sounds, the bamboo mattress smells like chocolate. its wonderful.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• We have a Vera Wang latex mattress (made by Serta). They're pricey, but completely worth every penny. They have a 30 year warranty and are unbelievably comfortable because they have support, but no metal.  This is the one we have: http://www.rcwilley.com/Sleep-Products/Mattress-Sets/King-Sets/KSET-VW-BEYONDR/1858106/Serta-Vera-Wang-Beyond-Radiance-King-Sleep-Set-View.jsp

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• We have a temper-pedic mattress which I like a lot. However, the only downside is that it makes me hot at night more than regular mattresses. So if you get warm at night, I wouldn't even consider it. Otherwise it is very comfortable.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Sealy Posurpedic. The absolute finest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Serta makes some quality, top rated mattresses. When looking for a new mattress, definitely go to stores and try them out. Make sure and get the prices, as often times, you can save a lot of money by shopping online often free shipping is available, as well. I prefer to go through the shopping guide before I purchase anything, you are provided with excellent opportunities to browse and get advices on latest trends.

sarahcollins

Answer by sarahcollins at 10:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2009