Cradle Cap

any tips on getting rid of cradle cap?? my other 2 just kinda grew out of it..i would really like to do something about it this time.. Thanks in advance!

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 9:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Petrolium Jelly... put it on at night and wash it off first thing in the morning, before taking baby out.
    I used to lotion my baby's head (if baby has too much hair for that, maybe try sauve's kid's conditioner, it's tear free. That MIGHT help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I've used baby oil and a fine comb(like a baby's comb) to remove the cradle cap. My son used to have trouble with it when he was small, now that he's 11, I use tea tree shampoo 2x/week to make sure his scalp is clean. Good luck,Momma!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i actually ask my dr about this. my sons head covered in. and she said to try using a dandruff shampoo. so i did i went home and used my husbands shampoo on it and within a few baths it was gone. seriously. depending on how old the baby is tho. since you MUST be careful how you use it and wash it so it wont get in there lilttle eyes.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• shes only 5 months and has quite a bit of hair
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• When my dd's got real dried out (took a couple of weeks) I oiled her up with baby oil and brushed it out with a baby brush...it all came off along with a lot of her hair - but I guess that hair was gonna fall out anyway... good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009