Am I being unreasonable about Dh's schedule?

Dh works 7-3:30, has a hour and a half drive, and has to share call outs with 3 other people. He also goes to the Muay Thai (Kickboxing) 3 times a week. When he goes to Muay Thai he doesn't get home until at least 6, sometimes closer to 7pm. I've talked to him before about feeling like our girls and I come last but he now wants to go 4 times a week and then go running together after he gets home. I'm up for the running but don't know how we are going to and still get the girls fed, bathed and in bed by 8. Am I being unreasonable in not wanting DH to go another day?

I also should add that before he started Muay Thai he powerlifted for 2 hours, 3-4 times a week and that lasted about a year and a half.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• just sit him down, or better yet, write him a letter (to avoid confrontation) and dont seem naggy, men hate that. just let him know u want and NEED him to give more time to you and the kids!! i hope all goes well for you!
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I am in the same position as you are. My hubby gets home around 4,but he then works his second job-out of our garage. He works out there until 9-10pm all nights except sunday. I am basically a single mom to our two kids. He will try and come in for dinner most nights but he can't always do it. I have just decided to suck it up and deal with it bc he is trying to make more money for us so we can put some money away. If he was doing it for "fun" I would have a definate issue with it. If he did it a couple days a week and the rest of the days he was VERY involved with the kids,me,and the house than I would be ok with it. They should be able to do things they are interested in, second to the needs of the family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have a friend who's husband is a stickler for his work out plans. And she felt like she and his daughter came last to the working out. He also was very moody and mean at times and was taking and drinking all kinds of vitamin stuff. She felt like he was addicted to working out. You need to express your concern to him about needing his time and attention on you and the girls. Do it calmly and not in a complaining way but in a concerning way about your all's relationship. Express to him that you need him.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• He sounds very self centered and into himself. I would let him know you need him at home. Why can't he run and do the kick boxing after the kids go to bed? You are living with a man child and he needs to grow up. Nothing wrong with exercise but it comes second to family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009