Christians, how deeply do you REALLY believe in the forgiveness of Jesus Christ?

Here is the scenario:

Your husband cheated on you with a relative. He came to you and asked for forgiveness. You sought counselling, you forgave him, you went on with your marriage. He never cheated on you again and spent the rest of your time together faithful. Ten years later you die. He mourns you deeply but turns to God in his time of need. He prays wholeheartedly for God's will to be done in his and your children's lives. Long story short he and your relative, yes, the same one he cheated on you years ago with, fall in love and get married barely over a year after your death.

Is he wrong for his new relationship with her? Or do you believe that when he asked God to forgive him for cheating on you he then became justified through Christ as if he'd never sinned and his relationship with your relative would be considered as if it were with someone he'd never had an affair with, therefore completely FORGIVEN? WWJD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Grace :-) Do you know what that is?
    I believe deeply in forgiveness. If his wife dies then he is released from her and can move on and marry whom ever he chooses.
    At the time of forgiveness, he apologized and repented.. meaning.. I am sorry and a complete turn around. She forgave him, she is gone... what happens then doesn't concern her anymore.
    God's grace and love believes the best .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If I died, then I'm in Heaven and I don't really care. I mean, there are no grudges in Heaven, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If he is truly sorry he is truly forgiven. BUT the relative? on her side? not his right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• well, like they said when I'm in Heaven I won't care, I'll be with Jesus. If your asking what he andf she did by getting married after I died, well thats bewteen them and God and whats in their hearts, not for me to judge.

On a side note, my husband did cheat on me, not with a relative, and I did forgive him, but only through God would have I ever been able to forgive him. I could have never forgiven him without God's help.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OP Here: Yeah, it is her/your relative. Not a blood relation of his own, lol. Sorry, should've made that part clear. Absolutely no incest allowed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• and to add... for us to forgive someone does not mean that we forget. thats impossiblle, but througyh forgiveness I changed my heart toward that person, and my heart has changed i nhow I look at that circumstance. I do not dwell on what happened, but if I were to think about it its not like its erased from my memory, and I'm glad that its not, but rather that Ilook at it in a new light, with compassion, grace and love, in light of how Christ has worked through the circumstance, through me and through the other person.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• he is sorry-sorry means sorry and all is forgiven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Great way to put it, Precious333 and I love the perfect simplicity of this answer, Anon 10:21
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If he confessed and repented of the adultery he is forgiven. After I die, he is released from his marital committment ot me and he is free to marry.

I don't know the individuals in the situation, so I don't know if they are disrepecting the wife . . .
    On one hand I would want my DH to be happy and find someone to comfort and love him. On the other hand I do sit here and try and pick out my "replacement" (just in case, LOL). And I have certain women I have put on the "do not marry" list!!! If he cheated on me, then I might have hard feelings (even after forgiveness) and I wouldn't necessarily want him to hook up with her if I died!!!

On the other hand, maybe they were also "meant to be" just as we were -- and they just didn't wait for God's perfect timing.

. . . I don't know. I will shut up now : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2009