how soon after having your baby did you go back to work?

just wondering because my husband was just told that his orders were up without any type of warning today at his gov base ( it was like extra temp work for the guard) we were expecting to have this until atleast december but guess not...
anywho... how long after having your baby were you able to go back to work? (i plan on doing both breast and formula) looks like my in laws want us to come stay with them as they have a lot of space and its only his mom and dad and need the little help we can offer, his dad is a stay at home dad and already offered to babysit while im at work.. im planning on a part time job as of right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started back working 3 months after I had both sons...that's the maternity leave in my country...my mother in law sees about them ..well the older one is in elementary school now but the younger one will be starting preschool in january.
    I think you should go back to work and let the in laws see about the baby, especially since they offered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 5 weeks, 9 months, then exactly 3 weeks. This time around I hope to not have to go back till atleast 6 months if at all. I've been a SAHM since my last one was about 4 months old he is now 2 and I'm due at the end of Nov.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• im actually having a hard time deciding if i want to go back to work...me and hubby work weird schedules and no one would be able to watch him when we need it...but im thinking if i do go back it will be like maybe 2 or 3 months...or whenever my doc releases me...
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 5 weeks with my first, and about 6 or7 with my second.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• after 10 wks. Baby was in daycare full-time at 11 wks.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009