School Project! Help?

I'm making a project for math class and I want it to be about breastfeeding and it has to have math in it. What do you think I should put on it? It will also be posted up somewhere at college. I was thinking about showing the # of babies breastfed at birth through 4 years and some of the benefits. I really want to raise awareness about how good it is. Any ideas?

Gahoona

Asked by Gahoona at 10:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• and the number of moms their ages maybe do a survey ask moms and do a pie graph showing the percentages. a graph of moms for it and reasons why they think is best
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 10:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I heard somewhere that the length of time that a baby is breastfed is positively correlated with higher IQs you could probably find some stats on that
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Based on Math right? I think you should include something concerning how much money those households save by not buying formula, and bottles based on aerage pricing at say, wal mart or target...a large enough chain that almost anyone can get to. You could then parlay that initial savings into how if truly SAVED, in example a CD or other format of low risk saings that family could turn those savings into something even more substantial. Like college plan for baby, or down payment on a home for baby...whatever you think of. If this were for a health course, then I would focus more heavily on the health benefits, but it sounds like a Math course...so focus more heavily on the Math of it all...primarily savings. You could also look up the healthcare costs associated with a BF baby VS FF for the first four years...adding another layer of health/financial benefit to your project. Good Luck..have fun with it.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 3:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• in the town i live in it says 78% of women breastfed here. mabe get a percentage of how many women chosse to breastfeed,how many chosse to feed longer after 2yrs of age. and so on
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2009