School Project! Help?

I'm making a project for math class and I want it to be about breastfeeding and it has to have math in it. What do you think I should put on it? It will also be posted up somewhere at college. I was thinking about showing the # of babies breastfed at birth through 4 years and some of the benefits. I really want to raise awareness about how good it is. Any ideas?

Gahoona

Asked by Gahoona at 10:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you know how to do statistics? If so, find some numbers on the children who benefit from breastfeeding, basically stats on how many babies have allergies on ff as opposed to bf'ing. How many babies die of SIDS from ffing as opposed to bfing etc. etc.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree with the pp. I also think you could do some rather simple math as well - show how much you spend in formula, and the economic impact from that over, say, the first year, or first 2 yrs, of the child's life.

You could also incorporate the cost of bottles and etc into it if you want.

You could show the stats on how breast feeding reduces your likelihood of getting breast cancer.

That's in addition to what the first poster said about the health benefits (and there are also studies about the mental benefits for the baby as far as brain development and future academic success and etc).

good luck
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Statistics...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009