Do you think this is childish?

I have to hide vegetables from myself. There are very few vegetables that I like, so I cut them really tiny and put them in stuff. I make it small enough that I can't really taste it or pick it out. Like tonight I made meat loaf, I cut up onions and zuchini really small so they would blend in. For spaghetti sauce I puree oninon, peppers, and other stuff so it blends with the sauce. I justify this by saying "I know I need the veggies, but since I don't like them I'll just hide them from myself".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do the same thing. There are some vegetables that I just can't eat "plain".
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Do you like V8 juice? Just drink that.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lol i think its funny but its a good idea.. at least you're doing yourself good and still getting your veggies
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think it's funny. I should probably do the same. It's very clever of you really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lol nice.maybe i shoudl try this.
    oh also i dont like the regular v8 juice but i love the v8 fusions i think there called. its got like fruits and stuff in it very very good. kinda pricy but gooood.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't like to bite into big pieces of onion, so I chop them up into small pieces. You still get the flavoring but you don't bite into it. I'd say what you're doing is a good idea.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Oh yeah, I don't care for some vegetables, but I know I need more of them, so V-8 juice is GOOD! I love the taste with a dash of tabasco and a dash of salt added.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My mom does this so my step dad will eat veggies! She does it with chicken and dumplings too.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Everyone does something that's childish. At least yours is productive and it makes the meatloaf tasty.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 10:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Not childish, lol. I'm glad you put forth that much effort to ensure you get vegetables. There are somethings I just can't make myself eat no matter what.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009