What to do during Fall break?

My 5 year old is getting ready for fall break and I want to take her and my 13 mos old out to do some fun things. It will just be me and the kids since hubby won't be home from Afghanistan til a week after break (bad timing, huh?) so what would you suggest for someone that wants to have fun with their five year old but is tied to the stroller :-)

bobbieJe

Asked by bobbieJe at 10:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• pumpkin picking! thats what we plan on doing next week and we have 4 kids between the ages of 5.5 and 3months
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• the aquarium is a cool place and bothe kids would have fun there(i love th dolphin shows myself) and then there is the childrens museums or the park, kids like parks and your little one can get on the little slides and those swings they have for babies
    kaylexi

Answer by kaylexi at 12:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Your kids get a "Fall Break"? Where do you live? Never heard of that around here.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Niether did I. But it does sound fun.

incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It's no help for you, but we're driving from AZ to TX to visit family and go to a friend's wedding.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We plan on going to a pumpkin farm, going to the zoo, and some other local stuff. As far as when your husband gets home, check with your school district, most allow a child to be absent from school for 1 week when a parent leaves/returns/R&R. Have fun on Fall break and when hubby returns!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You could try making some arts and crafts with the kids, try www.looledo.com, there are lots of fun projects that you can make out of recycled objects (milk cartons, Lids, Toilet paper rolls, etc) Have fun!

Looledo

Answer by Looledo at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009