Any ideas on how to find clothing donations for my son in my area?

I just did a search with no results. I need a fall/winter wardrobe for my son and we cannot afford it. I hate asking this question but it is necessary. Thank you for any help.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Have you tried freecycle? Or maybe talk with your child's teacher about contacting some of the moms of his classmates and form a clothing swap. If you want, you're more than welcome to message me.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Where is your area?

You could go to a church or maybe your local His House Thrift store. They sell clothes for about a dollar. You could also try putting a post up on your local Craigslist.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Try freecycle and Salvation Army.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 'Where is your area?'
    Baltimore city, Maryland
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• salvation army stores are good and the local churches can sometimes help witha donation if u need it
    kaylexi

Answer by kaylexi at 12:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• have you tried craigslist? Do you have a goodwill store? Sometimes they will do 'dollar days' where everything is a dollar. Another good place- Salvation Army, or check your local churches. You may want to ask around and see if other moms have things their kids have outgrown. With my #3 there is a lady who lives near my mom, and she calls me each fall to tell me she is having a rummage sale-and I stop and buy my son's clothes from her. Then when I am done I tell my mom's guy neighbor and he buys them for his grandson.
    What size are you looking for?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• What sized clothes does your son where? I have a few things that DS has grown out of. It would help to know what size he is. I was going to just donate them to the goodwill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• www.craigslist.com
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• how old is he?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2009