My 5 1/2 mo. old sleeping a lot.

Hey i was just wondering if it was normal for my 5 1/2 mo. old to be sleeping quite a bit. She has been sleeping thru the night since about 2 mos. This morning after sleeping the whole night i had to go to my job so i put her in the car seat sleeping she ended up sleeping for about an additional hr. Then she woke up for an hr and went back to sleep for like 2 1/2 hrs. She woke to eat and played for about an hr 1/2 then went back to sleep for 3 more hrs or so. Then she woke up for 2 hrs and she was so cranky but i didn't think she would be tired but sure enough she was nursing and fell right asleep. I just don't know why shes so tired. She has no fever, no signs of sickness. So i just don't know whats going on. Is she just growing maybe? Thanks ladies.

ninawiseman87

Asked by ninawiseman87 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I will say. Don't complain. Because it can change in a heart beat. Then you will be posting you never get any sleep. Enjoy it. If your really worried talk to you doctor about it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• sounds like a growth spurt, so long as she is eating good and not running a fever I wouldn't worry to much, just keep an eye out for other symptons....just in case.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It's growth spurt time! When she's awake, she's playing & eating. The only time you need to worry is if she is just plain lethargic. Like louise2 said, enjoy it while it lasts! At some point in time that kid is going to need exactly 2 hours of sleep less than you! Sandbag it now!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009