Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can I find a court monitor?

I need to locate a court approved monitor so my 18 month grand-daughter and her mother can have their weekly visits. I have looked online at my local court but saw nothing. Any other thoughts?


Asked by Mona330 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Contact a women's and children's shelter. Contact a custody attorney or guardian ad litem. The courts should have given you sources for supervised visits. You can even call social services/CPS or whatever it is called in your area. My cousin was able to pick her own person to supervise the visits between her kids and their father, as long as she wasn't there. My friend went through social services and they actually had a room for supervised visits. It had toys, coloring books, etc. I believe it even had a 2 way mirror.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Thank you. We are supposed to get our exit orders on Monday and I wanted to go in with some information for the area we live in as the case is in another county and we want to move the visits our way. I am sure the court will give us some help but I like to be prepared...LOL

    Answer by Mona330 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009