Is it normal to feel angry?

I am just super angry feeling all the time. Not about anything in particular, I just want to choke every single person I come in contact with. Is this part of pregnancy hormones? Any suggestions on making it go away?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 10:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol, I was the same way with both of my pregnancies! My DH would'nt even come near me half the time! I'm pretty sure I tried to kick him out of the house both times too...that was definately pregnancy hormones, and I'm sure yours is too. I don't have any advice to try to calm down, I wasn't very good at it, but at least you know you're not alone! Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• to be honest that sounds a bit extreme. but probably you have the best idea of whether it's over the top or not. maybe you can talk to your OB or midwife about it. or if you have an employee assistance program through your job or your SO's job. good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• very normal, just try and have plenty of quite time or relaxing music and only deal with people when you have to, I wanted to run my husband over with both preganices lol, you'll be okay it'll go away
    Mrs.Taylor

Answer by Mrs.Taylor at 10:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I was such a bitch to my husband & they nicknamed me "Killer" at work. If there was any one that needed to be dealt with, they just let me loose on them. I really tried to control myself at home. Every time I wanted to punch my husband in the face for breathing, I just reminded myself that my hormones were out of whack & made myself think about a good thing that he did. It was hard. If he did the dishes & dared to leave 1 cup by the sink, I'd have to fight the urge to smash him in the face with it. I was horrible. I spent a lot of time in my room.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Hey what the hell, choke someone you'll feel better! Seriously you have had a big hormonal shift and sometimes during pregnancy you calm down, and sometimes you don't Hey my SO has been a real jerk this week and if you were in the great state of Texas I'd invite you over and I would lasso him fer ya, and you could choke that son of a b----- to your hearts content. Bless your heart, you are pregnant, and my hormones well I am in the menopause. Damn these hormones!!! Good Luck finding someone to choke!! LOL
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009