Protein behind the eye

has anyone had this? what are the symptoms? sometimes i can see little lights in my line of vision that jump around and chase eachother, they're so tiny almost microscopic, and when i look in the sky i can see what looks like a cell or other spots just floating like crazy. they're not blood pressure related nor do they affect my vision. i'm pregnant and i have talked to my dr but no concerns. i googled it and it came up with protein behind the eye and it sounds like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• Floaters are very common, especially if you are older and near-sighted. Make an appointment with an opthamologist.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If you are really concerned go see an optometrist or opthmologist. I saw my Dr during pregnancy because I was having some blurry vision. We both just wrote it off to pregnancy. However, it turns out I have glaucoma in my left eye and because it was untreated I have permanent damage to my optic nerve. I have actually lost all the vision in my left eye and will be having it removed later this year because we can't get the pressure to stay down. In all likelihood it's just floaters you are seeing, but why take a chance.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009