Child support.

So Im new to this whole child support thing. And Im suppose to be getting my back child support tomrrow. How does it come?? Im on TANF so does it come on my EBT card or does it come as a check in the mail?? Thanks!!

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• child support will not come on your ebt card...you will be issued a separate card for child support.
    the employer of your child's father has 7 days to take money out of his check, mail it to the state and add it to the card.

Arreears can be made up when they revoke his tax returns. Ask your child support any questions you have. But your welfare and your child support come from 2 different offices
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The way I remember getting it is,the very 1st one I got was a paper check until they issued me a card.Which I can't remember how long it took,maybe a few weeks or so.Sorry not much help.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• and sometimes when you're on tnf you may not get child support for awhile bc the state has been supporting your child. my ex-bf's gf didn't get three months worth bc she used over six months of tnf and they made her pay it back. it's not the state's job it's the father's.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

Ditto,I haven't gotten a few checks these past few months either,kinda p!@#$ me off,cuz I needed things for my DD.

cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Set it up so you get direct deposit to your checking or savings account. It will not go on your EBT card, that is a foodstamp card. If you don't do direct deposit in Wisconsin, it goes on a prepaid VISA debit card. You should NEVER count on child support, it is NOT a guaranteed payment. Also, because you are on TANF, the state can take a certain percentage of the child support to help cover what you receive. Check with your caseworker at the PA office so you don't have any surprises.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If you get TANF you wont get all that child support. The child support will go to pay off any TANF you already got & you will THEN get the remainder if there is any. THEN if he continues to send money & you continue on TANF you will still just get your TANF not the child support. They told me I had to choose...I either continued on TANF or I chose the child support payments. Even though my child support was less then my TANF payment I chose the child support because I was tired of dealing w/ the welfare office. Also eventually you run into the time limit for getting the TANF anyhow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Oh have to add that I chose the child support because I KNEW I would get it at that time because my ex was in the air force. They took it out of his check before he ever saw his check & he got an allotment for having a kid anyway. So, for 14 yrs I got my child suport every month without fail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2009