Do you offend someone everytime you open your mouth?

Apparently I do. Sometimes I wish I was mute. Apparently even the most mundane an innocent comments, if they are uttered by me, become the demon voice of satan himself.....

Example: "Yes, he likes lemonade, but he likes water better."

Granted most of the "offensive" comments have more substance than that, but the above is a serious example, lol! I can't change my offensive face and I can't really hear my own voice, so should I just not speak?

I am not a mean person and even when I AM upset I try very hard not to say intentionally hurtful comments. Do you have this problem, too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I offend most people when I talk. That whole think before you speak concept just never really made it through with me.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have a tendency to speak before i think. I've probably offended more people then I can count. I dont think I'm a mean person at all just some people take what I'm saying in a wrong context
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Maybe the tone of how you answer? what you said didn't sound nasty or mean, but sometimes its how its said. Don't feel bad- I'm known for my sarcasm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• THAT'S ME! I said "thanks for answering my phone" and my fiance's cousin was like "oh, you didn't want me to answer it?" I had to tell her that I actually meant THANK YOU. She thought I was being rude or sarcastic.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• To your BOLD question, No, I do not have bad breathe. j/k
    In all seriousness.. It's not you, everyone is too sensitive.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes, yes I do.
    Miss.Ann.Thrope

Answer by Miss.Ann.Thrope at 4:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009