anyone getting ready to start college this year?

i am thinking about going back to school, and are online schools looked at the same way as going to school on a campus? i am a mother of 3 and work full time, the online classes seem like that could be convienant. please tell me what you think good and bad, thanks

jtshouse

Asked by jtshouse at 11:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in

• I go to school now. From what I understand, the online courses are much more difficult than in class courses. For me, I just knew that I wanted a teacher to ask questions. So I went with the traditional classroom.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Congratulations on going back to school! You will be setting an amazing example for your child(ren)!!

Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I finished another summer term completely online in Sept. I have done both traditional and online, and both have pros and cons. You just need to be able to adjust. If you really want your degree, whether its online or in a classroom, you will end up getting it because You can make it happen.
    lesliemck86

Answer by lesliemck86 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I took an online course to get my insurance claims adjuster's license. But not for actual college credits. I am going to go back to school in January to get my AS degree. They all have labs so I will need to physically be there. Otherwise i wouldnt mind doing online classes. I would think that someone might hire someone who physically went to college rather than getting an online degree. I guess it depends on the type of occupation.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have 3 kids and started back FT in August...I did do online for most my generals which was nice but alot of work! Its hard either way and I don't work. That would be too much for me...LOL I did work during some of my online classes but I was not FT.Online is demanding time wise and you are essentially teaching yourself. Its a process often just to get a call or email from the teacher its not like in class where you get instant reply! My xray tech Program is in person of course....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2009