"I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

What do you think about this show... do you think there is any way you could not know you were pregnant?
The girls I work with (none of whom have had children) are afraid that they are going to get preg. and not know it... give me a break.
I'm watching this show right now and start crying whenever the baby is born- sooo scary to have a baby when you think you were just giong to the bathroom...I think the chances of not knowing are very slim.

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 11:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm actually watching it right now. I do believe it happens but it's extremly rare
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think some can't feel the baby bc the placenta or something is in front of them.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• They are very slim... but it does happen.

There is no chance that I could be pregnant and not know it. The last time I was pregnant I bled for 6 days, just like my normal period. I had NO symptoms whatsoever. But I chart and my temperature was still high after my period, so I knew something was up. I watched that show and decided to test... sure enough it was positive :p

So no, I would know if I was pregnant just by my temperature alone.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think the show is awesome. I had heard of women not knowing they were pregnant, but some of the cases on that show astound me. If a woman is obese or even slightly overweight, then it would be less likely that she would have a normal period and it's also a lot less likely that she would feel movement much because there would be so many fat layers between her and the baby. Also, if a woman has irregular periods, she would not know when she missed a period. Some of my friends didn't know they were pregnant til they were 4-6 mos. pregnant but I also know a lady that didn't know til she was 8 mos. pregnant and that is when she started showing too. I knew with my daughter when I was 3 weeks and found out when I was enlisting in the Navy...lol. Of course, I was given the boot before I ever got sent to boot camp. I knew right away with my son. I was about 4 weeks pregnant with him, and I knew I was pregnant before I ever took test
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 11:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i don't know...i don't really believe that u can't know until so late......surely u'll feel some sorta mvement at least in ur 8month and onwards.....or start to show.....or even not having a period for over 8 months?.....seriously can they really not know....or are they just pretending?
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• it's rare, but it's possible. i knew someone that had no idea she was pregnant until she actually went into labor. seriously, she was just drinking at a friends house the night before, the next day she was having contractions and had the baby that night, full term. she never gained any weight (and she was about average size, about a 14 or so), had no symptoms, had her periods on time every month. she'd had kids before so when she went into labor she was telling her dh she had no idea what it was but it felt like she was in labor, so they took her to the ER, and sure enough she had a beautiful healthy baby girl. they call her their miracle baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Considering what weight a woman has to be, to be considered overweight (30 lbs or so over normal weight) most obese women still have completely normal periods. Morbidly obese women often have irregular periods.
    My husband knows a woman that didn't know she was pregnant until she went to the ER with stomach pain, but she was 275 lbs or so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'm watching it now and had a friend who had her son and didn't know she was pg. She gave birth to him on Halloween almost 16 years ago. It can happen.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i think it CAN happen the way anything CAN happen, but percentage wise? chances are probably slim to none
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It does happen. I went 30 weeks without knowing because I worked out all the time, was on birth control and my periods weren't regular. I didn't find out until I made an appointment because I couldn't poop and that's when they told me I was preg. 30 weeks. My baby was so small and nesting near my back so movement wasn't there. It does happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2009