Does anyone else think that women who have abortions are just totally selfish

I don't think there is any reason for an abortion. It's all being selfish b/c the mom doesn't have the money or doesn't want to be embarassed being knocked up unwed or a teen mom etc. I don't see any reason whatsoever a mom can't at LEAST put it up for adoption. Even if it was rape, that baby is there for a reason... it's still a life!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it is selfish; I've been raped before and if I would have gotten pregnant, I may not have wanted to keep the baby to raise but I would have carried full term and gave him or her up.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i totally agree if u cant accept responsibility for your actions keep your legs closed
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used to be pro-choice, until I had a kid. I think that it is an option that the girls who choose to go through with will regret for their entire lives. I strongly feel that there should be a lot of psychological counseling before someone gets an abortion.

They shouldn't be illegal, however. If someone wants one, they'll get one- and it could be even more dangerous.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You have the right to your opinion. You, however, aren't God, and you don't know every woman's situation or story, and until you've btdt, you have no room to judge.

I met a guy that I thought was nice. I thought he was going to college. He was 5 yrs older than me, and I was a Sr in high school. He became controlling and scary. I found out - from him - about how he had kidnapped his last girlfriend, and how that was stupid - not the kidnapping, but how she was able to get away. He was into drugs, and I know of at least one occasion he beat his dad (who was disabled) up over his (bf's) drinking and drug use. I couldn't get away from him, and my family was no help. He raped me at knife point. We had NOT been having sex prior to this, he "was tired of waiting for me".

see below
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• humans are not God at all...including ending a helpless babies life. no matter the story its still a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• He found out from a friend that I might be pg. I trusted this friend when obviously I shouldn't have. He told me flat out I had 3 choices if I was pg. I could marry him and have the baby. I could give him the baby to raise, or he would kill me and take the baby.

This was a long time ago, and there wasn't all the things in place now to help women and girls in dangerous situations. There weren't stalker laws on the books. There wasn't anything that could be done to him. Date rape - even when there was a weapon involved - wasn't something that people admitted happened.

I had an abortion and told him I wasn't pg.

God knows my situation, and He knows my heart, then and now. I pray that you or yours never find yourself in a similar situation, given how judgmental you seem to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i agree, 9:34 anon. its a baby and its there for a reason no matter how terrible the MOM'S experience was in getting pregnant (raped, etc)... still a baby that deserves a chance. what if you were a rape baby? wouldn't you have wanted the chance to go to a good afamily and be loved. the child still deserves love not murder!
    Anonymous

• I've had an abortion and do not regret it. Was it self-fish? eh. maybe. and for other woman maybe more so. But if i would have given my child up for adoption there is no way to tell if in 5 years after that adoption the child might be worse off then with the adopted parents then what he or she would have been with me.

I DO however, believe it is self-fish to NOT even TRY to breastfeed your child. And i think the LLL should be free to everyone or some kind of qualified lactation consultant. And for some people therapy may be needed as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• POint being,.... it was SELFISH!!!! how can you feel so strongly about breast feeding, when you don't care if someone kills an unborn child? that is so backwards!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• As far as my situation, adoption was also not an option. My local pg center was who gave me my pg test. They made me answer a lot of questions about me and the father. They wanted to know my race, his race, and whether we were both healthy. They asked about drug use. I was stupid enough to believe that they were going to help me, and that they wanted to know about the drug use so that I could be kept safe from him.

But the minute they found out that he did drugs and that he was violent, they gave me the results and sent me on my way. I found out much later that they were only interested in girls whose babies were good candidates for their adoptive parent clients. Because of his drug use, mine wasn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009