what is the nicest thing to say to a person who doesn't like your baby name or is trying to pick out the baby name for you??

so far, since i've found out im having a boy, so many people are like oh i dont like that name, blah blah blah. and i just say okay. but now its really starting to get on my nerves, and i just want to be like ahhh, all in there face.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would be all in their face..loolll
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think I'd just say, "Well then you won't name your baby that will you?"
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Nobody liked my daughters name Eisley. I told them it was my daughter and my choice. Even after i had her and named her my family was asking me what I was going to call her. What do you mean "What am i going to call her" I'm going to call her by her name. We now call her Eisley or Icee Girl. It should be you and your husbands choice and noone elses's.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If you like the name, then go for it. It can be really annoying hearing things like that, but you are prego and everything will get on your nerves - LOL. Just take a breath and smile and say "Thanks for your opinion, but I will name by baby what I want to name him". That usually pisses them off more than getting in their face - LOL.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My husband and I went through that for a few weeks- until we decided not to tell anyone names we were thinking of or the name that we chose.

Everyone knows a slut/meathead/ex-boyfriend/meanest girl in the class blah, blah, blah who had the name you want to use. Once the kid is named, however, all bets are off- you can't tell someone that their beautiful new baby shares their name with the first guy who broke their heart.

Some people were upset that we didn't share our name, but the grief that we didn't have to deal with because of it was totally worth it. Also, if you decide to change the name at the last minute, you won't have a bunch of embroidered blankets, etc. with the wrong name.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I made this mistake with my first baby. EVERYONE had an opinion. Next time anyone gets on the subject just tell them you are rethnking all names, and suggestions and it is going to be a surprise. Next pregnancy you don't even have to get into a conversation, just say it's going to be a surprise. Good Luck and I am sure any name you chose will be perfect for the little one!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my aunt didn't want me to name my son dante (we are a very close family and we just lost my mother i was 3 months prego ) sooner or later i came up with drayden and that is what we went with. But if i have another boy i am naming him dante! lol just tell people well we really like it
    Draydensmom7708

Answer by Draydensmom7708 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You smile and say "Thank you so much for your opinion. I'll file your vote with the rest. Please be sure to let my dh and I know the next time you're naming a child so we can be sure to cast our vote."

Say it in a very cheerful way then walk away, leaving them to figure it out on their own. lol - you don't have to add that the place that you're filing all the votes is your mental "round file" ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• One thing though, be prepared that if you're asking people what they think, then you're going to get some answers that you probably don't like.

Also, if the name is really unusual, and if the comments are coming from all sorts of different people, then there's a good chance that the comments you're hearing now are comments that your child will be hearing for the rest of their lives.

I'm not saying don't name the child what you want, just something to keep in mind. :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would say,don't tell them. I just say,oh,we have not decided on a name yet:) You may even get comments after the baby comes though. Too bad,it's nobodys baby but your own.
    My dh and I choose Italian middle names for both our kids (one was my dh's grandmother's name) His cousin's wife actually asked him why he did not give them american names-she said,after all this IS america! Sometimes ppl have zero tact!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009