Is Chicago really a good place for the Olympics, really?

I just read an article about this. Is this really the right place that the US should host the games? The school kids are busy killing each other and the politicians are the worst in the country. What the hell is Obama thinking? Or is he? And who exactly is going to foot the bill is they are selected, Obama himself?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• At this point and time, with the war going on, terror attacks still rippling a the world, and the USA being the target that the terrorist would love to attack the most, I don't think anywhere on US soil would be the right place for the Olympics at this time.

I don't mind Chicago's corrupt politicians getting blown up, I don't even mind the murdering teenage thugs getting blown up that much. But I do have a major problem with risking the lives of innocent people. I'm sure that Chicago has some good points, and that the innocent people of Chicago to have a ground zero there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I agree! Some people will say "it will be good for the economy." But, if you do a little research on previous games you will see that more money is spent than is made.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• it takes most cities years to recuperate from their olympic expenditures.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Chicago has enough problems without trying to be a safe place for the olympics. I would say Chicago is about the WORST place to try and host olympics, outside of maybe Detroit!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Do any of you actually know anything about Chicago? or are you just speaking of what you have heard from the news? I have family and friends that live in Chicago and of all the big cities I have lived in or visited I love Chicago the most. Yes it has its bad side of town, but it also has its great parts. You know we do train our Navy men and women there. I can also think of a few worse cities to have the Olympics in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• YES!!!I have lived in Chicago my whole life, Chicago is a great place to have the Olympics and most people here in the city want it. My dad works for the CTA, Chicago Transit Authority, its privately owned, not government owed, public transportation, and he wants the Olympics because it is guaranteed his job will be secure for the next seven years because if we get it they plan to rebuild over 30% of the subways and the loop, plus a another train line.

ONLY THREE major buildings will be built: Olympic Stadium, Aquatic Center, and a velodrome
    ALL other venues will be Chicago's already established venues, like McCormick Place, all the college campuses, WRIGLEY field, Soldier Field, United Center, All State Arena.

Remember, in Chicago we have 2 MLB teams, NFL and Arena Football, soccer, NBA, WNBA, NHL and AHL, a lacrosse team, over 20 minor league teams

WIKIPEDIA 2016 Olympics Chicago or go to the site chicago216.org
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 12:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I live in Chicago and hate it. I even live in a very nice area. This city blows and we should not put the worlds focus here. It would not be safe and this city cannot afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• What area anon?
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 1:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I love Chicago. I visit all the time. It has it's bad parts but so does every large city.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Don't shoot the messenger, OKaY? On Glenn Beck today, he showed us the spider web, it is very intricate. Valerie Jarrett, his rght hand gal, family friend for many years, knows Ayers, she owns slums in key areas that can be sold for Olympic purposes to make her lotsa $$$. People who live in her slums, complained about their upkeep, there is none. She got millions to keep her slums up from Gov't programs but they said that they are nasty with rats in the hallways! They got a score of 11 out of 100, bad! Valerie also helped get Michele her job at the hospital, 300,K for part time, Cool! Valerie also hired Vann Jones, she admired him greatly and had been watching him for a while! Valerie also had people from her office to contact the Arts community to help push Obama's presidency, by doing creative Art work etc. This administration is something else, their greed is limitless and so is their corruption...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2009