so im in the hospital right now...anyone use cytotec?

I'm being put on pitocin at 4am, but I was jsut wondering if anyone had any stories about cytotec? I just had it inserted vaginally, and seems like it started contractions right away! Any stories would be nice =D

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how can you be on CM while you're trying to give birth?
    sol_joshi

Answer by sol_joshi at 11:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Um. if i am not mistaken cytotec has never been approved to induce labor and has many side effects. ...let me check some sources. I'll brb
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• all i know i guess its not a good thing it can have many effects to u and ur baby
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• im not about to give birth....im aying in a hospital room being monitored! jeez, some people are so rude!!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yes i kniow u are but as ive heard u can have a child with birth effects and all sorts of problems bad bleeding and such
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• from what i remember from the child birth class that isn't approved to help induce labor. if i'm thinking right and I could be wrong but it is supposed to be used for stomach issues.. like acid reflux. I personally would refuse them giving me that because of the side effeccts
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• just a few points from off of one of the sites i listed

- Cytotec increases the risk of miscarriage.
    - Breast-feeding mothers should not take Cytotec as it may cause significant diarrhea for nursing infants.
    This means that if you are given Cytotec while in labor, your newborn will get his first dose while nursing the first time.
    -In August 2000, Searle, Cytotec's manufacturer, sent physicians a letter reminding them that Cytotec was not approved for use as a cervical ripening agent and that it was contraindicated for use in pregnancy

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It's not good to take that drug, but too late now. :-(

***PLEASE refuse any further doses, IF any should be offered.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Cytotec is not approved for labor induction. Pitocin is fine though.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2009