Do you think teenage girls are becoming more mean and catty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• no we're just older and more mature
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• they just think they are grown....
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• No, I don't think they're more mean and catty. I think they just have different ways of expressing it.

But being a nasty person, whether it's as a teen or it's always, isn't something that's been limited to now.

But, I do think that sometimes as we get older, we're more aware of just how young they really are, and we see how nasty they are at that age, so it appears that they're meaner or nastier. But it's no more so than when we were that age and we knew peers like that (or, for some people, were like that themselves).

Hope that makes sense :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• pesonally i do beleive that they are getting meaner (not so much cattier) look at the girls these days and look real hard. how many times have u saw on the news of girls beating on one poor girl or another, and how many times have you also seen teen suicide because of the mean girls that are coming up these days? yes they are getting meander with all this technlogy going around and the need to wear the tightest and best clothes its harder to grow up these days and just be yourself and yes i know there were girls like that when i was a teenager, but never this bad and never this aggresive, now u see beating on youtube or myspace, cyber bullying etc u name it they've done it
    kaylexi

Answer by kaylexi at 12:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I still don't think it's a matter of them being meaner. I think we're just more aware of it and more able to see it, thanks to the technology today.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Kids now days are learning things at an earlier age and some of what theyre learning is words and how to use them... for instance as a teen I knew hurtful words and I could say my share of mean things, but there were some things I had never even heard until I was an adult that I would never say to anyone. I think the kids learn it younger and don't fully understand how hurtful it can be once its said.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't think they are anymore or less mean and catty than they were 40 years ago.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• no! Most teenage girls are catty and mean. BAck in the 80 when I was in high school they were and still are now.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2009