5 months

So, I feel like just when I start to get Nsymc with my daughter, and we are on the same schedule, etc, everything changes! Is it normal to somethimes not feel like u have any idea how much they are eating?? Like, some days she eats 8 oz every 4 hours..but then some days its so random, a little here, a little there. Please tell me I am not crazy and this is normal....and now I have to introduce solids...Geesh! Am I ever going to get the hang of it and feel comfortable consistantly?..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at 5 months the only you CAN expect is change...they go through growth spurts, teeth, different things. My daughter is 13 months and sometimes it STILL varies from day to day...from eating sleeping, everything. Just depends what's going on with the little one. Don't stress about getting the hang of it. Your baby is 5 months old so you must be doing something right :)...just let her lead, and when you start feeling stressed, put her in her stroller and go for a walk with her. Fresh air will be good for BOTH of you....I am just getting to the point of feeling TOTALLY comfortable with everything my daughter needs. When they go through so many changes constantly, it's easy to doubt yourself and get frustrated, but DONT....just enjoy every minute with her and treasure it...she'll let you know what she needs. **hugs** good luck :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Teething, if thats what it is... but yes 5-6 months is another huge growth spurt and personality change. I would read Baby Led Weaning, it will tell you how to start solids, how to read baby language so they can tell you how and when they are ready for solids. But don't EVER start them too early, heart disease and food allergies are just some of the drawbacks of early introduction of solids.
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 1:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2009