Getting married without rings??

We have talked bout getting married forever. We had it set for when my brother got out of prison which happened this pass June. But then I planned on doing it back in my home town now I want it here. But the most important thing to me is the date (Oct 8). I really don't feel like waiting anymore. I'm thinking about a court house wedding (last minute) we can always do a "wedding" for the family some other time. But we have don't have rings and really can't afford them or just mine right. Would you marry without rings? How much would the court person cost??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Any ring will do! It doesn't have to be gold. We had a silver band that I got at Wal-Mart for like I think 10-15 dollars. Even if its some trinket ring or borrowed for the occassion. The point is you can get married without them, but it might be easier to have one that is a "place holder" for the ceremony.

Court fees vary by state and county so that might be hard to find out from Cafemom. But just call the Clerk of Courts and they will either tell you or point you in the right direction. Congrats!! The 8th of October is a great day (my lil sis's birthday!), maybe you could use an opal ring for the ceremony. My DH and I got married in Sept. and I have a sapphire ring. (not fond of diamonds, clear isn't that pretty to me!)
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• love doesnt need rings..it just symboizes it...ive been married with dh since june year and we got married at the courthouse, we had no rings cause we couldnt afford them, theres nothing wrong with that as long as theres love,. its sept 2009 and i still dont have a rut thats when we save $$ing but we love eachother and thats what matters....we plan on doing a wedding with the dress and all that but thats when we save $$$
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• make some friendship rings or bracelets if you feel like you really need some sort of symbol.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I didn't get an engagement ring out of dh when we got engaged. It was more of a hey lets go get married type of thing. my grandma didn't like me not having an engagement ring and gave me hers. As far as wedding bands we just bought some 20$ ones from walmart lol. Eventually we will get better ones, but htey working just fine, no one knows we only spent 20$ on them.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My husband and I got married 9 years ago with claddagh sterling bands. It's the symbol of love, loyalty, and friendship. They're relatively cheap and the perfect symbol of commitment until the real ring is possible if desired.
    mama_lou

Answer by mama_lou at 9:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The marriage is what is important, not the jewelry.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009