?

So things with the BF and I were very rushed. We dated for 6 months before I got pregnant. We loved eachother and had a lot of fun and made the right decsion to have a child together. Then we moved in together, I had my daughter and we are just REALLY getting to know eachother. That sounds bad..I mean, there are things I dont like and Im sure things he doesnt like..sometimes I feel that he doesnt love me. I feel replaced by our daughter, I feel like my self assured, confident self is no longer. But he is a great guy. Supports us, allows me to stay home, a great dad, I know he cares about me, but are we meant to be together? I love him and we really have a great relationship. But childrem cgange EVERYTHING! its such hard work...I dont even know where I am getting at with this I think I just wanted to vent and know that things will be ok??..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Children do change EVERYTHING, and relationships are hard, and take time to develop. He is showing you he loves you by taking care of you and your child. Maybe you can try to rekindle the romance by planning some special evenings. If you can get a babysitter, great, but if not, plan something for after the baby goes to sleep, a romantic movie and some wine, or music and a romantic dinner. Remind him why you fell in love and had a baby.

Keeping the spark and closeness in your relationship is important, but all couples have ups and downs.....to have a lasting relationship you have to be willing to accept that, and work on bringing the closeness back at times, other times it will be easy.

Don't worry, if you want them to, things WILL be okay!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Sounds like you are a little immature. The pp said it good. You CAN work through this but the first thing you need to do is mature a little. That man is working so you can stay home to take care of the baby he loves & adores. He loves you but it is going to be different now. It is deeper...more of a 'protector kinda love'. It is upto you to be the 'romantic kinda lover'.
    Anonymous