mothers that had very good babies

my son is soooo easy he is 15 months old so far everything has been easy with him going for bottles to slippy cups, sleeping through the night(at 2 months) he eats everything , he only really cries when he is sleepy and that doesn't even happen often. I KNOW i'm really lucky , but i was wondering if you had a child like this did they stay well behaved or did they get harder to deal with , i joke all the time " your mommy's angle now but when you hit your teen your gonna give me hell

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• AAHHH good question!! My first son was the easiest baby, but when he hit his teens he became harder. In high school it was just lack of motivation and messiness...which can be frustrating enough, but when he turned 18, he became very challenging!! My middle son was a handful when he was little, but an easier teen........my youngest has been more in the middle all around!

All kids are different....good luck!! And just enjoy him!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I hope your baby is good and there's not something wrong. Babies aren't supposed to sleep through the night at 2 months and not cry.

Babies are supposed to wake at night, it is part of human survival. There are supposed to nurse at night for optimal brain growth. The brain triples in size the first year and babies should not go long periods of time without food for brain growth.

My sister was a "great" baby that slept through the night and never cried. She also never learned to read and has multiple problems.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• OMG! ........op yea my son was that way when he was a baby and know it doesn't last, and just bc your baby is easy to take care of doesn't mean they will be stupid. My son is very smart...UGH
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• no*
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• oh my goodness. There is nothing wrong with your child!! Your what we moms called "blessed".lol. I am jealous!jk. My daughter slept through the night until she got salmonella in January. It totally messed her schedule up! and now that she's 17 months, she's sleeping through the night again but acting out all day long! Keep him close and charish every single minute of this! It could be gone tomorrow! My daughter just woke up one day with an attitude and has had it ever since.
    jessicacoda

Answer by jessicacoda at 2:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my 2 month old seems to be better then what my 2 year old was when she was a baby.....and the 2 month old is sleeping threw the night as well :) i lay her down at 10 and she wakes up at 7am and my 2 year old did that as well when she was a baby and look at her now shes is extremely smart..doctors say shes at the age level of a 3-4 year old.....so dont let anyone tell you its bad for your child
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 5:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• There is NOTHING wrong with your son!!! I had a great baby! Rarely cried unless she was hungry or tired which I knew when it was about time. She slept through the night at 2 mos as well and was in her crib by 3 mos. She hit me once but then stopped, bit me twice, i bit her back once. She never hit anyone (until recently), shares very well, loves being around people! She knows a few letters sparatically, she can count to 5 (she loses interest after), knows her colors, shapes and can identify 1-10 just won't say them until she sees them. Her fav number is 7 (the one she points out most often.) Babies like ours are VERY rare!!! NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM, they are just perfect!!!! Careful tho, mine just about to hit 23 mos and has hit terrible twos!!! Into everything, says no all the time... but she knows how to look sweet and perfect!!! Hold him close before he has a chance to push you away :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Well, mine's still 14 months BUT I was an easy baby and an easy kid ... until I packed all my stuff into the back of a van and moved out to LA without a plan or a job or anything. I stayed there for three years. When I came home I went back to being a good kid again.

So I am sure there will be some bumpy time, but I think he'll go back to being good when he becomes an adult - we all do :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i had an easy baby,she has always slept threw the night since bith,never cried,gives kisses non stop and shares her things. up until her molars started coming in,now she has been wakeing up around 4 or so every nite(not fussy or anything)and she is starteing to throw tantrums were she will poped backwords or throw herself back and lay on the floor,but she doesnt cry when she does this
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had an easy baby too- for the first two or three months, we had to force him awake to eat- he slept all day and night (no medical problems). He'll be 4 in 14 days and he's still very easy. He has a few temper tantrums, but only when he's really tired- he did a 180- yesterday we woke up at 6am and he didnt go back to bed til about 1am (19 hours straight of being awake!) but he woke up with a smile on his face at 8am. our sleep schedules are weird- I can go with only 4 hrs of sleep a day, he can go with 6 and we can be peachy as a pie! lol His normal behavior is still very easy going- he listens, respects me, i can tell him that i'm sick (i have cronic migraines) and he'll be my doctor- get my blanket and rub my head for a while, then just start to play video games, asking me every 15-30 minutes if i'm alright. very cute. i hope he doesnt change in his teenage years- I was a bitch!- ran away, stole, drugs, etc. it was bad.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009