I need help!

Hi-

I'm 11 months pp. I had an emergancy csection because my baby was transverse. I've always had an irregular period. I would get it maybe once every 3 months. Well since my daughter has been born I've only had my period 3xs. The 1st two times it was a normal flow. Now in july I had it for about 3 days very very light and then it went away for 2 days and came back with light spotting and a brown discharge??? I thoguht well I always get a brown discharge at the end of my periods so maybe it was never over??? But it's now OCT. and last week I was a few spots of pink spotting followed by some brown discharge for about an hour and now i have nothing but i still have cramping??? WTF is going on? I took 2 pregnancy test and both negative.. please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Health

• yup thats my first thought too. if you are breastfeeding that can cause these issues. but even if not i heard that some women do not go back to their regular period right after birth. it took me 4 months to get back to a somewhat regular period meaning somewhat similiar to how it was before my pregnancy (i was breast feeding though) this can be normal if your period was irregular in the first place. but if i was you i would go to the gyn and get checked. just in cade GOOD LUCK
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• are you breast feeding?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• no im not breastfeeding
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 1:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• thankx.. yea thats what i was debating on because i dont have health insurance (my huband lost his job) and I hate clinics but im going to have to... i was worried that i might have some type of blockage or scar tissue from the surgery but i had my period 2 normal times so that cant be it.. and i did have post partum depression and I was on medicine for it and i recently stopped taking it so maybe that messed me up and ive also gained about 20lbs recently and i know weight gain and throw you off too
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 1:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• oh ok.. im not a doctor but as a woman i can tell you weight gain or loss also depression, stress or any other extrem emotions can effect your period cycles. take it easy and try to relax. it will get back on track in time. but if you have pain or any other abnormal things going on pls get checked out.
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 2:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Some women's thyroid can get messed up after having a baby too.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• do you exercise a whole lot? i know when i run a bunch that my periods get screwy on me!
    Brookey

Answer by Brookey at 6:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my periods changed BOTH times with BOTH pregnancies...before i had kids they were horrible, unpredictable, and very very painful...after my first daughter was born it seemed to come less and less...almost like i was skipping months....but was still very painful...after my second daughter i started taking birth control, now my periods are clockwork, manageable painwise, and only last three to four days and are alot lighter....I also do have something called PCOD wich can cause my periods to be horrible...but you have to remember when you have a baby it throws off your hormonal system and it can take a while to correct itself....but yes talk to a gyno...they can help and make sure nothing else is involved.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2009