1st Birthday Party Ideas

So I am starting to plan my son's 1st birthday party and I need activities or games for the babies to play. There will be a 2 yr old, 16 mon., 14 mon., and 9 mon. old babies there. I have searched online for games and have come up with really crazy ideas that a one year old cannot play! So can any of you give me any ideas? Thanks!

DavidsMom0218

Asked by DavidsMom0218 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bring toys have open play.... $1 stores has create party favors and what nots
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• wow thats a hard one.. those kids are still very little. i dont think you can play actual activities with them but i remember playing small games with my niece when she was around that age.
    like hiding a object underneith colorful containers and make them guess.. or you can try to rent out a little slide and get a sand box with little sand toys.. my only suggestions would be to get toys for the babies to play with or hire someone to wear a costume like barney or elmo?! good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 2:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Kid music. I really doubt they'll play games, they're so little. Throw some empty boxes out there, some balls, and the most annoying kid cd and they'll be happy lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Ideas I have seen for that age group are:

1. A crayon party. Lots of butcher paper and chunky crayons

2. A ball themed party...lots of balls obviously

Another idea could be to ge those foam interlocking floor mats and set up an area for the babies to hang out and put out some toys like stacking buckets. blocks, etc....

Games is kind of out of the question for that age group.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I meant to say "Games are," instead of "Games is,' in the last sentence.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2009