What could happen if you have sex too soon after having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you can get pregnant, and/or get an infection from everything not being healed yet.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Your cervix takes awhile to close so you can get prego in a heartbeat plus an infection jst wait
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Like the other moms said, pregnancy and/or uterine infection. My midwives said it was fine to resume sex once bleeding had stopped entirely for at least 24 hours, but to use condoms if we did resume before my six week postpartum checkup.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• discomfort, infection, if you have stitches, you could pop them (and risk getting an infection in the incision).

My doctor was mostly concerned that I would find it uncomfortable after kiddo #2. After kiddo #1, it was mainly concern over my episiotomy stitches.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009