my left boob has a bumpy thing on it...

suddenly.
I'm breastfeeding, and it feels like a ball and is hard and feels bruised but isn't. no other symptoms though.

I'm thinking clogged milk duct.
What are some ways to relieve this?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try pumping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• pumping yes is a good one, also try a heating pad...no more than fifteen minutes...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• both are good ideas I think but about heat - when I had plugged ducts I was told moist heat - not an electric heating pad. So I settled in when baby napping and kept a pot of very warm water next to me with washcloths in it and just kept one on for 15 minutes then off same then on. If your breast swells and aches horribly, with a fever its probably mastitis, had that too. See doc for antibiotics for that. Here's hoping for plugged duct!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my breasts don't pump well so i do warm compresses and then try to massage that area. you can also take tylenol for the pain. also check your nipple and see if there is a clogged duct..... i kept getting a clogged duct and it was like a bubble on thenipple and when i popped it it finally drained.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i have a tip for pumping, with me the pump makes me sore like you would not believe so i tried standing in the shower and gently pushing on the hard spot for a few minuets the spot got softer after a few minuets. IDK if i had the same prob. as u but u could give it a try.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009