When is a good time to start with a toddler bed?

My daughter is 20 months old and i kinda want to start her in a toddler bed but not sure if this is a good time becuase she is also not going to bed as easy as before

Sami_lue87

Asked by Sami_lue87 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The advice I got with my oldest was when she could almost climb outta the crib...it was time for a toddler bed, so she didn't fall and hurt herself. That said I think she only slept in it 4 times or so....lol. I ended up co sleeping with her and having trouble getting her to sleep on her own. the toddler bed we bought for around $80.00 at ToysRus, and it made her room look cute..but she never slept in there. I did make her lay down in her own bed for quiet time, and when I read her bedtime stories. She never took to it though, I ended up buying a Queen size bed for her room, and it makes her feel more comfortable, at four she still ocasionally slips into bed with me...but for the most part sleeps in her own room now.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 3:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• well i do know she will sleep in my full sized bed pretty well on her own so maybe when i get a bigger bed for myself i will give her that bed :) thanks for the advise Cheapsk8mom!
    Sami_lue87

Answer by Sami_lue87 at 4:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my son was 2 when I put him in a toddler bed. we had just moved and while putting his crib back together I just converted it. He never attempted to crawl out of his crib, and I never have problems with him staying in his bed. if you have a crib that converts, take the side off before naptime, see how she likes it for a night or two, if you dont think shes ready, you can always put the side back on. But if she can climb out of the crib, or is attempting to, I say its time for the toddler bed. GL
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When they start to climb out of their crib.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i started mine when she was 8months,but she sleeps with me at night and only sleeps in her bed for naps,that way she can get up and walk right our here to us,she likes it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2009