What to do

I have been out of work since Jan. And I need a freakin job!! No one is hiring in my town what so ever. The last 3 days I have looked in the paper and not one single job is listed, not even those millions of trucker I always see. So... what can I do from home that will not cost me money to get start, that actually pays, not those stupid survey things you have to fill out a million befor you see a penny. I need something real!! Oh and no baby sitting other peoples kids drive me nuts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Check out wwwEscapeInternational.com. This is what I do, I didn't have any start up costs, I use the service myself...and would even without the monthly commission checks. I have transfered over 95% of my family's spending, and I have saved hundreds of dollars. If you think this might be the right fit...send me a message with any questions you might have, so I can get them answered and help you get started. I look forward to talking with you soon.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 5:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wow thank you Rkoloms. I will work on this, I just need something. My husband is doing off and on jobs sometimes one job takes him to another and other times we have breaks from anything. It is just killing us. I have app'ed to over 100 jobs and this is just sickening. Savings is all gone and now we are on freakin food stamps total embarrassing. I do not want the government supporting us. So I shall keep pulling my hair out and work on your advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The Scentsy Candles is wonderful to sell.  I can not believe how easy it is they are a wonderful product that people justseem to love.  Come take a look at my site.

http://www.scentsy.com/kblack

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 8:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i work for an awesome compnay. not all companies you pay to join are bad. i joined one and lost weight and now i am healthy and aking close to 800 amonth and it will grow. my water was about to be shut off and we were on are way. i invested this money because i need a way to make money and i gained alot fromt he four kids i had. well any who .....check out this web site. www.ardysslife.com/ebrowngeorge. this company is proof of there being a way adnd not only that i get a great team to push and support me.
    elisha757

Answer by elisha757 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Honestly the only job i know right now that is IN DEMAND is for brokers:

Check out this article http://www.benefitssellingmag.com/r/bsMag/d/contentFocus/?adcID=701f22ebb94cef7dbaf53d7ba2d1be28

Its reccession proof work.

If you are interested in the work and would like to a job you can have on your own time get an overview of our company by going to

www.NewCareer4ME.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I've had a lot of luck with Avon! There are tons of ways to make money with the company including Eshows, fundraisers, vendor booths, selling online, recruiting, selling through brochure and more! Its only $20 to start just go to www.start.youravon.com use ref code dhullum
    You will get your start up kit in the mail with everything you need to get started and you'll be up and ready to sell online within minutes! Email me for questions! I'd be happy to help! If you can't afford the $20 startup don't let that stop you email me and we can work something out!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Contact me at www.mymomsoffice.com. I've worked from home for 8 yrs and have had a great experience.
    familyvalues

Answer by familyvalues at 5:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009