New Lip Piercing: Changing the stud to ring question???

It has been 4 days and the piercer refused to put anything other then a labret in. It's really bothering me because its too small, and my lip is slightly swollen, and the bar is pinching my lip. This week end I am going to go buy a horseshoe with enough room for the swelling and very carefully put it in. Clean it and everything, I have been diligent about cleaning it.
I was wondering if anyone changed their in the first two weeks, and if there if any advise about this. Thank you!

I have read everything about aftercare. I am taking care of it fine. Just advise on changing it out, which I already know you are suppose to wait at least 4 weeks.

cloud144

Asked by cloud144 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i haven't had my lip pierced, but i have got a few piercings and i have changed them b4 i was suppose to. as long as you clean everything very well, and make sure u put ur new ring in right after pulling the other out i don't think it would hurt.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• yeah I did... I needed a labret where the ball could be removed, and the one he pierced it with wasnt removable, so I switched it out after 2 days.. (i switched to a ring after about 2 weeks to go out too) Hurt like hell and you gotta do it quick, putting a ring in is a bit challenging because the hole is straight through, and the ring is, well, ROUND lol so just be prepared.. GL
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2009