how many of you moms don't have a driver's license?

i'm 21 years old,and i i don't have one. i stay at home with my daughter, and i don't really go anywhere or get out of the house unless my husband is off work, which is like one or two times a week. i stay inside my house for days at a time. it's not that i don't want a license, i'm just nervous about driving. i have a learners permit, and a friend of mine is helping me practice so i can take the test again. i took it once before but i failed it. i was just wondering how many other moms didn't drive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well keep practicing and you will get better, if you can, do it every day. It's really not fair for you to not drive. Especiaqlly when your child starts school.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• op- she is definitely my motivation for practicing to get one. she is three now, and i'm hoping to get one before she starts school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You can do it, it's always intimidating at first, but the more you do it, the more comfortable you will be. I have a friend in her 30's who won't get a licence, don't do that :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My daughter's not a mom but she's 21 years old too with a permit, scared to test. You're not alone at your age. Zakysmommy's right. Driving will make life easier for you. I used to drive my husband to work so I could have the car for the day when we had just one car to save money.

When your baby starts school though you need to have plans in place to be able to pick up a sick child, should they get sick while at sick. School buses take kids to and from schools even to daycare after school, but school buses do not bring home sick kids. So unless you have the money to keep on hand for taxi back and forth, getting a license with kids is important. GoodLuck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I've never even started a car before in all my almost 38 years of life. Growing up, my mother never drove, my grandmother never drove and by the time I was old enough, we just simply could not afford for me to drive. I joined the Army where I was stationed in DC where everyone takes the Bus, Cab or Metro, so it wasn't an issue then. After I left the Army, I took the bus everywhere I needed to be and then I met and married my husband, who drives, so I have no need to. It has just never seemed that important and there is no desire there to even ever learn.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• IM TWENTY SOON TO BE 21, I HAVE MY PERMIT ALSO I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY LICENSE ....I AM VERY NERVOUS BUT I AM WILLING TO TRY,NOBODY WANTS TO HELP ME THOU AND I CAN'T DO IT ALONE,PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THEY WOULD HELP ME AND NOBODY DOES,MY BEST FRIEND LIVES TO FAR AWAY TO HELP ME ON A REGULAR BASES CAUSE I KNOW SHE WOULD! I LIKE STAYING HOME THOU, I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ROAMING THE TOWN,BUT MY DD WILL NEED ME WHEN SHE GETS OLDER ,IM ALSO LIKE YOU I ONLY GO PLACES WHEN MY BOYFRIEND IS HOME.....MAYBE ONE SOMEBODY WILL HELP ME ?!!! IDK
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I got my license at 39 . i lived in NY and worked in Ny and honestly saved a lot of money.But when my son got older I drove. Honestly people have a complex about driving and cars. My brother has like 7 expensive cars. It does not impress me. It is to me a waste of time and money . I would rather have a beautiful home and clothes and guess what that road rage makes me laugh. Especially when they have kids in the car and they are texting and talking on the phone. They really make me laugh. Driving is for convenience. But did I miss out? No way. In fact, women make too much of a big deal over it. So don't worry sweetie. Now that I drive all thos snotty women that used to give me dirty looks look the other way and I just wave because I walked they still are the same old same old mom with a minivan looking so played out.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I got mine at 30 (12 years ago) and I haven't driven in 10 years. I just don't need to go drive where I live. There's public transportation for anything not within walking distance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If you live in a place with good public transportation, you don't need a license. I lived out in the country so I got my license at 16 so I could take myself to school and dance team practice and ballet rehearsal (45 minutes away).

I didn't have my license for almost a year up here in the city. I didn't need one-the post office, doctor's office, grocery store and a little Chinese restaurant were 3 blocks away. We bought a jogging stroller and I walked a lot of the time. My car sat in the garage during that period and I didn't have to pay for gas or insurance on it so we saved a lot of money and I got my prebaby shape back from walking everywhere!
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 10:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Don't worry-many of us failed the first time-I failed because I was sooooo nervous and lacked self confidence. Try again and when you pass, you will feel so good and so capable. Its so important to be independent. I would hate to ask people to give me a ride. ANd I would hate to be stuck at home. My Mom always drove , but my MIL never did (she was born in 1905) so she was dependent on her husband for everything. I wouldn't like that.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009