I know it's good for me, but....

I HATE OATMEAL! I have tried to make myself eat it but I just gag. I've tried every flavor out there but it still feels so slimey going down it makes me want to throw up. Just thought I would share, anyone else try to eat something you hate because it's good for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, if i don't like it i'm not eating it lol but hey have you ever eaten boiled okra? now that's slimey
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i'm with you on the oatmeal topic. I can't get past the texture. Same goes for cottage cheese.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 9:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try adding more milk and less oatmeal to thin it out, to make it not so thick? Personally I eat farina as a warm cereal. I hate hate vegetables with a passion that are heated themselves. I think if God wanted vegetables to be warm He'd have invented them warm!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I eat things I really don't like every darn day. lol

gotta make the example for the kids of 'trying' or eating things you don't enjoy so that they'll at least make an effort.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try hot grapenuts instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I know this does not help any (health wise) but when I make oatmeal I boil water and add the oatmeal a pinch of salt, afew drops of vanilla extract, add butter and some sugar. Then when it is ready I add milk over it to cool it alittle keep stirring and it comes out yum...yum...Delicioso.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I can't eat it either, its disgusting. My husband eats it all the time for breakfast and it makes me gag!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My DH has issues with oatmeal too. He was brought up very hard and poor. He got a lot of gross lumpy tasteless oatmeal as a kid. My family loves it however. My mom made it with sugar and butter and syrup..warm and yummy. Guess it just depends on your tastes. I think asparagus is disgusting in smell and taste. I don't give a rip if it is good for me, I am not eating it...Lima beans either!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If you can't eat it cooked, try grinding it into flour and adding it to your baked goods.

(As for the okra, my mom makes the frozen okra and if you rinse it really, really well - it's not slimy. But it takes forever to rinse....)

Now - anything with chickpeas (garbanzo beans), I'll pass...
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I also hate oatmeal, but I choke it down when my cholesterol gets too high. It's like eating glue. It's like eating glue that fell on the ground outside and now I have to eat it. Horses eat oats, not people. I chase it down with a lot of coffee.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009