How long will i have to put her on potty every 20mins for?

How long will it take before she knows when she has to go n maybe tell me? Shes stayin dry most the time when i put her on potty every 20mins n she goes on potty usually but will she eventually pick up on it n go when she has to go ? how long did it take for ur kids? *shes 29mos!

Irishgurl8605

Asked by Irishgurl8605 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i was told to write down when she goes for a week first to see if there is a pattern,that way u kind of get an ides on when she has to go
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i been puttin her on every 20 mins since monday n shes been going most time if she doesnt i put her back on in 10-15mins n she usually goes..she stayed dry all day yesterday doing that..but when will she start knowing she has to go? how many more wks will i have to b a hermit n puttin her on every 20min..ugh she gets sick of it n im already sick of it!
    Irishgurl8605

Answer by Irishgurl8605 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You're the one being trained, not her! Don't be surprised if she starts fighting you because you're putting her on so much. No one has to go every 20 minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If she stays dry consistantly for a few days doing that, switch her to every half hour to 40 minutes. Then, when she successfully stays dry for a day or two doing that, switch her to once an hour, then once every two hours, etc. Kudos on getting her to go so well...mine's 24 mos and I can't get him to sit on the potty, but he's finally telling me when he goes! (Gee gee! Gee Gee! is what he says when he pees.)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would say you should ask her every 20 minutes if she has to go to remind her to use the potty if she needs to, and then she won't get tired of trying all the time. If it's been a while since she went, ask her if she would like to try and see if she needs to potty, and she'll probably say yes if she needs to. You'll know when the time is right to not need to ask her anymore. You'll notice she will go in there on her own without you having to say anything to her.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• she regressed the potty went once all day n now she crys noo when i ask her..ugh!!
    Irishgurl8605

Answer by Irishgurl8605 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My daughter(turned 2 in June.) was doing really well....and I thought Man...we are on our way...yeah right. NOw she goes when she wants to go..if she doesn't want toI don't push it. My son wasn't potty trained until right around a year and could care less about going potty in a toilet...until his daddy let him pee at the same time outside with him...can't really do that with a girl...and now in town....lol. Anyways...my daughter will take her diaper, pullup or underwear off...and go sit on the potty...sometimes she goes sometimes she doesn't...but I let her tell me...until she is a little older anyways. I have a chronic pain condition though and being up down every 20 minutes with the toilet is too hard on my body...but when she asks I let her...I figure it's a good sign she is getting it. It doesn't matter what she wears though..if she doesn't want to potty on the toilet she goes in her pants.
    lovingmommy

Answer by lovingmommy at 12:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009