Why am I being so picky?

I usually have a cup of coffee with something in the morning but I am trying to cut back with the caffeine and sugar. I have yogurt and apples and bananas. I just don't feel like eating that even though I know it is healthier than what I have been eating.

It is weird I am hungry but nothing sounds appealing but yet I am trying not to indulge in the wrong things. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm the same way. If you can't find something healthy that you like, give yourself no other option. I do like yogurt, so that's what I have. That is of course, if no one brought donuts to work! I don't like coffe, but I drink too much caffeine, soda, so I started buying caffeine free. It doesn't help with the sugar, but it's a start for me.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am having a whole wheat tortilla with refried beans, salsa and a little cheese

Answer by rkoloms at 10:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I broke down and had some toast with butter and a big cup of coffee (with the sugar) I am so dissappointed :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try some new things. Sometimes when I feel like this I switch to healthy non-breakfast things for a while. It doesn't matter so long as it's healthy!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Next time do as rklooms suggested or corn tortilla or whole wheat english muffin.Some of us just like 'bread' with breakfast.Work with it to make it a healthy choice.I love scrambled egg whites with salsa on corn tortilla or half of a whole wheat english muffin.Don't be disappointed figure out what made you need that,what you were craving and adjust it to a better choice for you.You'll make it.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Find something you do like and find a cway to make it healthy. I love peanut butter and banana with honey on whole wheat toast. It used to be regular peanut butter instead of natural, it used to be jelly instead of banana and honey. It used to be white bread rather than wheat. Make any small changes you can and work your way up.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I've found too much food when I first wake up makes me feel sick later, so I eat something light.

Special K makes grab and go packs of their cereals (100 calories each) and I may eat one of those sprinkled on a container of yogurt.
    a piece of whole grain bread (toasted if you prefer) with nut butter

If I'm really hungry, I'll make a scrambled egg sandwich. (whole grain bread, cheese, scrambled egg (or egg beaters) and a little mayo, salt and pepper)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009