When you were a teen, what or who was your favorite music band or singer?

I'm a child of the 80's and was a total Duran Duran freak. My entire room (including the ceiling) was plastered with pictures and posters of them. My teen daughter recently has gotten into 80's music and it makes me so happy to be able to share my love of New WAVE with her!

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• During my middle and high school years, I was really into new wave...XTC, The Smiths, The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, Bauhaus, etc. Pixies were then and still remain my favorite band of all time. I still listen to most of these bands. I will confess to liking Guns n Roses too--I was in 7th or 8th grade when Appetite For Destruction came out, and it was a great album.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Oh wow, how awesome for you!  My favorite band when I was little was New Kids On The Block, LMFAO!  Yes, I'll admit it.  OHH OHHO OHH OH OH OH OH You got the right stuff, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• LOL! They came on the scene when I was in 12th grade and I remember before they got really popular, I had to take my little sister to a Tiffany concert a year or so before my senior year where NKOTB were the opening act (at least I THINK it was them...).
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You are so lucky to be honest I think the best music was the 70's 80's and the 90's me as a teenager was more of the late 70's and so on. My teen idols were...don't laugh but they were so hot back then now omg it sucks to get old.

1. Shaun Cassidy
    2. Leif Garret

After that I started to fall more for the guys in my life it was no longer a dream....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• oh my, can't say that i ever put up a picture of anyone. never liked celebrities enough to ruin my decor.
    Lynyrd Skynyrd and J.Geils, DD was who we made fun of, not real music in my book.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Middle school - Motley Crue

High School - Pink Floyd, The Beatles
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Bon Jovi. I still thinks he's freaking hot!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• pagirl71,

When I was a little girl, Jon was a friend of my babysitter, Debbie and he and she would sit around and smoke weed while watching me and my cousin!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The Who

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Gosh I loved so many of the 80's bands LOL. Im a total child of the 80's.

My room was littered with posters of Star Trek:The Next Generation no singers/bands LOL.

Duran Duran was on my list, Martika, Whitney Houston, Warrent, Bon Jovi, and many more.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009