What's the longest time you ever went without taking a shower or bath?

When I was in the Army, we spent three days out in the field without being able to wash and it was NASTY. It was Alabama in the middle of July and we were sweating like pigs, not to mention those who were on their periods for those days... gross.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Back in 1993 when the big snow storm hit the southeast I didn't bathe for almost 2 weeks. I was 14 years old and we bathed out of the sink. We had no power and no water. We melted snow and boiled it on the stove and added it to more melted snow to cool it down and we wiped down in the middle of the kitchen. We did the same during the 1996 ice storm in north Alabama except it was out of a cooler that we bathed.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When I was 10 I went to summer camp...I was the 'chunky' girl there and all the slim girls made fun of me the first time I took a shower so for the next 7 days, I didn't shower unless it involved swimming in the lake. I was so humiliated and got labeled the fat stiinky girl...I never went to camp again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• frown mini that is so sad!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• IhartU.....you have got to be bored out of your mind today with all of the questions, lol, either that or you are trying to keep the mood light which I can appreciate.

After hubby died I think I showered about every other day for a while, it was all I could manage. Maybe once or twice I went three days because I couldn't get out of bed.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• WindyTheWidow, I'm just in that kind of funky, weird mood today! It HAS been kind of harsh around the Q&A lately, hasn't it?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think the longest I've gone is like 2 days and I was dying for a shower! I hate to feel dirty I would shower a few times a day if I could!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 10:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I totally get it, IHartU, think I'm staying out of the "serious" Q&A sections for a while. I just want to laugh right now and your questions are helping. :)
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I agree with you and Windy. The q & a has been harsh so this is refreshing! I'm having fun!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When I had Oldest, he was SOOOO colicky that he would not rest or sleep unless someone was holding and rocking him. After 3 days straight of sitting up on the couch holding him, with minimal food or drink and only putting him down to go to the bathroom (during which he'd scream bloody murder), I finally called my mom and begged her to come over long enough for me to shower.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009