Ever been Flipped off while driving?

This morning I was dropping my daughter off to school and trying to turn right onto a busy street that has no light, just a stop sign. The traffic was horrible and there was no break in it to where I could turn, so I patiently was waiting. Then a woman in the car behind me starts honking and flipping me off and yelling at me to go! I gestured to her that there was soo much oncoming traffic I couldn't, I mean what does she want me to pull out and cause a accident??
Finally I am able to turn and she guns her car around me, pulls up and starts yelling all these obscenities at me and flipping me off. I couldn't believe it!!!! With my 6 yo in the car! I had no control over the traffic!
Has something similar ever happened to you? Did it make you fuming mad too?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep but it just goes to show what her character is. I just yell back in the most cheery voice ever "Have a beuuuutiful day"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Oh wow, what an ass!  First, I was in the Walmart parking lot and trying to pull out.  There are stop signs for the people leaving, the people coming into the Walmart parking lot do NOT have a stopsign.  SO I'm sitting there waiting for this car to go and the guy behind me gets all crappy and starts honking his horn.  I put my car in park, got out and walked around to his car.  I politely told him that we have a stopsign and they do not.  He turned beet red and wouldn't say anything else, lol. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes I know what you mean some people are so much in a hurry they don't care about the other person. I know how you must have felt I would have been the same way but could have done with out all that trash...No matter how fumming mad I get I take a deep breath and ask God to help me calm down and say a prayer for that person as well...even though the real person inside me wants something bad (but that is only bc I am mad at the time) after everything happens I just kind of hope that person gets what they deserve sooner or later. Sometimes it is just better to keep quiet and let it go...I am sure you have heard of all the dangerous road rageous it is not worth our lives...Our lives are too precious so just consider the source and brush it off. But I understand sometimes you just want to kill...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I've also (again, Walmart parking lot) had some guy run that same stop sign while I was pulling into the parking lot and yell at ME for not paying attention.  However, I was paying attention it was he who should have respected the stop sign and waited.  I'm not going to lie, I flipped him off, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had a woman from my son's school honking at me like a real road rage warrrior. They are really paranoid and think they are bullies even in cars. Just ignore her. You are the better person. They are low class .
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had a similar situation just about a month ago with a guy in a truck & his dog. I was in my van with my son. He yelled some cursive language, and my son asked why he was so mad. I just told my son that some people don't know how to drive, so they get mad. Inside, i wanted to get out and ask that guy what F his problem was yelling at a woman with a young boy inside? But i smiled, waved and drove on. Usually when people are a$$holes like this, i like to smile really big, and wave in an over-exaggerated way at them. It pisses them off more, and i get a good laugh.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Of course it's happened, although I'm usually the one flipping people off, for pulling out infront of me or cutting me off. It's called road rage
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Oh wow. That is the way the world is now days-people are so full of self centered rage and arrogance. I hate driving in traffic and I have been in places like that when people have no clue about what is really going on but they have no patience and they are dumping on you for no good reason. People used to be alot calmer and alot happier years ago-but now it seems everyone is filled with anger and hate. Its a scary world out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I smile and wave at the pushy jerks. last week I was stuck in a traffic jam downtown and a cab driver actually got out and started honking.....too bad there was a police controlled intersection ahead cabbie got a ticket. hee hee
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes and Normally I'm the one flipping the idiots off, if people can't drive or are being careless and not paying attention to what they are doing, then they get the finger! But the woman behind you was totally wrong for that, you couldn't move b/c of the traffic, she should had been more pissed at the other drivers. Unless you had opportunity to turn and you didn't then yeah I'd at least blow the horn.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2009